There is tremendous power in everyday decisions.
We can't thank you enough for your choice to support the spirit of this publication. Your subscription and your gifts of The Polishing Stone expand our circle of readers and inspire us to keep going. We couldn't produce another issue of the magazine without each one of you — a fact that we appreciate, consciously, every day. The combined impact of our "small steps" enhances the quality of all of our lives.
Thank you for your e-mails and letters asking how you can help. We've made a list of great ways to keep the presses going and good messages rolling:
- Introduce a friend: Do you know a few people who are interested in enhancing their quality of life? If you send us their names and addresses, we'd be honored to introduce them to The Polishing Stone. Or let them know about our free monthly E-newsletter Stepping Stones.
- Connect a company (or group): Small investments in staff and member health promote big benefits. Can you suggest a business or organization (perhaps your own!) that might offer their hard-working people a gift of The Polishing Stone? How about an association that could use a flexible and fast way to raise more funds? No group is too large or too small to benefit from our Sponsor Program or our Partner Program including our Fundraising Partnership — every contact makes a big difference in our work. Please send us their names (and contact information if you have it), and we'll give them a call.
- Support Community Hubs: Through our CornerSTONES program, your tax-deductible donation can support the gift of back-issue sets for libraries, schools, community centers, clinics and other gathering places in your neighborhoods. Email us with your favorite candidates and we'll add them to our list of prospective recipients: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate Recyclables: Please send any reusable books, CDs, DVDs and software to our offices or directly to Seattle-based nonprofit Eco Encore. We will receive 85 percent of the proceeds for materials they re-sell, that were donated in our name. (Materials received that aren't in good enough condition to be sold online are sold through discount retailers or donated to charities.) For more information on what best to send, and for a printable mailing label / donor form, see our article, Eco Encore. Your donations are tax deductible.
- Send a penny our way every time you searched the Internet: Just go to www.goodsearch.com and enter the Polishing Stone Foundation as the organization you want to support under "Who do you GoodSearch for". It works just like any search engine, and it's powered by Yahoo!, so you get the same great results. (Consider setting GoodSearch as your internet home page, as a reminder to use it often.) Small choices can have huge effects: Just 500 of us searching four times a day will raise about $7300 in a year without anyone spending a dime! Please spread the word...
- Fundraise by the bootstrap: Many of you have asked if there is a way you can help from your own area. Grassroots fundraising can be as simple as hosting a small local event or as creative as sending an intriguing e-mail that either invites friends to join you at a virtual house party or makes a simple, heartfelt request for support. We'll help you prepare for any project you can dream up.
- Make a tax-deductible contribution — any amount is welcome.
- Pledge a regular donation — Contributing a little bit each month or quarter is often easier on your budget. Being able to count on a regular donation makes a tremendous difference to us.
- Volunteer:Your time and energy make an immense difference... (Read more...)
"It's not what you give up; it's what you take up that counts." — Dr. Bernard Jensen
None of us could keep doing what we do — connecting, informing and inspiring — without the support from readers such as you.
Thank you for making it all possible!